Monday, April 4, 2011

i see you


You astound me by your loveliness and loneliness in crowds. You bring me to my knees in prayer, wishing i had more solid ground. Your eyes see through to my soul, laid chillingly bare.Your joyous laughter makes me cry, for i used to be there.
I stare at you on my desk, my public page, their old souvenirs, my mother's treasured drawers. You are that short, slight stranger, that the mirror and the clock swallowed, and put past any compare, in dreams; and on bad days, nightmares.

"Your failures,devour your heart
In every hour, you're drowning
In your imperfection-" The Skillet - "Imperfection"

2 comments:

Paulami said...

lovely

and thanks for the change of scenery in your template :P

$unshine of the Moon said...

So beautiful....especially loved the "for i used to be there" :)